The Syria Campaign is Recruiting a Senior Campaigner
This position has now been filled. If you would like to be considered for any future vacancies, we’d love to receive your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Syria Campaign is a small, fast and powerful organisation that is building new ways for digital and creative communications to have impact. We’ve moved beyond the limitations of an “online movement builder” or traditional NGO, fusing the best elements of think tanks, creative agencies and digital mobilization to shift the narrative on Syria. We aren’t trying to get millions onto a petition. We’re trying to get billions onto a story.
In two years our tiny team has:
- Created award-winning films that have been viewed by more than ten million people and shown in the White House
- Generated more than a thousand media stories about Syria around the world
- Unlocked tens of millions of dollars in aid through targeted advocacy
- Placed key aspects of the conflict at the top of the political agenda
- Raised more than half a million dollars in direct support for life-saving Syrian heroes
- Shifted how other international advocacy organisations think about and work on Syria
See more of our impact here.
We work with dozens of partners across Syria who trust us deeply. We support the medics that risk their lives to save others, the volunteer rescue workers who rush to the scene of bombs and the teachers who build schools in basements to make sure Syria has a future. Syria is full of heroes and we’re privileged enough to work with them.
Right now we’re looking for a few all-stars to join our team. You don’t need to know anything about Syria (we have expertise elsewhere in the team and across our Syrian partners so you’ll learn fast). You just need to feel driven by a deep sense of compassion for your fellow humans. We need people who excel at one of the following: creative ideas and content, communications, digital mobilization and media (or all of the above – unicorns welcome). We want people who can weave together the best parts of smart advocacy, advertising, storytelling and digital mobilization, bringing them together to create campaigns that save lives.
If the below are things that get you out of bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
- Planning creative campaign concepts that can cut through complex issues
- Working in solidarity with some of humanity’s heroes to get their voices into the world
- Producing content with creatives that can stop the heart and move the mind
- Obsessively thinking about the internet and new ways to engage people
- Being part of a tiny team in a start-up culture doing whatever it takes to make impact on the biggest crisis of our time
We have BIG things coming up this year including several high-profile campaigns and a film with an Oscar-nominated crew and global distribution partner — join us and help make them happen.
The job is remote and can be done anywhere in European, Middle Eastern or East Coast US time zones. We have small offices in NYC, Beirut and London. Salary dependent on experience. We are looking to have someone start as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for our team to email@example.com or pass this onto someone who fits the bill.