US Fundraising Consultant
The Syria Campaign is recruiting a consultant to strengthen our revenue strategies by developing our US fundraising strategy and growth for 2024 and beyond. We expect the fundraising consultant to develop innovative and evolving partnerships with potential donors and foundations based in the US to secure funding. We are looking for a strategic fundraiser with expertise raising funds from a range of different funding streams, including foundations, major donors and corporations.
About The Syria Campaign
The Syria Campaign is a small, fast moving, and powerful human rights organisation that is building new ways for digital and creative communications to have impact. We work to support Syria’s heroes in the struggle for freedom, justice and democracy, partnering with civil society actors inside and outside the country.
Purpose of the Consultancy
In order to develop our work in 2024 and beyond, The Syria Campaign needs to build on its existing donors and develop a strategy to widen its fundraising scope in the United States.
The consultant will contribute to this by helping TSC develop a 2024- 2027 US fundraising strategy including a plan to cultivate current donors and leading prospects for new funding US opportunities.
- Review The Syria Campaign’s current US donor base and develop a strategy to manage, cultivate, and engage our current and new US donors with a focus on major donors and foundations who are new to our work / first time donors.
- Provide a landscape analysis of the United States donor scene, including foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individual donors.
- Identify potential funding opportunities and sources for TSC based on our thematic areas, geographic focus, and organizational objectives. Provide recommendations and introductions to at least 10 new large scale Foundations and major donors.
- Develop a tailored US fundraising strategy for TSC, taking into consideration organizational strengths, priorities, and funding needs.
- Present to TSC key team members effective fundraising techniques, donor engagement, and proposal development specific to the United States funding landscape.
- Work with the fundraising team to guide and develop a three-year US focused fundraising strategy for 2024-2027 including an implementation plan.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Expertise in fundraising and donor engagement, specifically in the context of the United States
- A proven track record of successful fundraising support for International Non Governmental Organizations
- Knowledge of diverse funding sources and opportunities available in the United States
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Budget: Up to $15k
The starting date for this consultancy is as soon as possible. The consultants will remain in regular contact with The Syria Campaign throughout the consultancy.
How to apply
To apply for this consultancy, please send a letter of intent and a CV in English to [email protected]. The letter of intent should outline relevant skills and experience, as well as suggested timeline, number of days needed for the consultancy & rate per day.
The recruitment for this consultancy will stay open until the consultancy is filled. First round of review of applications will be on the 31st of July.