The Syria Campaign is seeking a Quickbooks Migration Consultant
The Syria Campaign is looking for a Quickbooks Migration Consultant for a short-term project within its small and creative team. We are looking for someone with a strong background in nonprofit financial management, grant compliance, as well as expert knowledge of cloud accounting technology and implementation. The candidate will also need to show a commitment to working for human rights and a free and democratic future for Syria.
We are looking to start the project as soon as possible and complete the migration by January 15th at the latest so we are set up for the new year.
The consultancy can be done remotely, with North American time zones preferred.
We are an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. We will do our first review of applications on December 1, 2021 and encourage anyone interested to apply by that date.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understand the account and company setup requirements for dual-entity (UK & US) structure and perform initial setup of company: trial balance, profit and loss, balance sheets, chart of accounts, record day-to-day transactions, banking reconciliation, billing, AP & AR monthly aging of accounts
- Export multi-currency financial accounting data from Xero to Quickbooks Online with 100% accuracy
- Implement sub-accounts and multi-level mapping to detail grants by category and funding source as well as release from restriction
- Integrate Quickbooks with existing cloud accounting and tech suite (ApprovalMax, Expensify, Control-c, Quickbooks Time etc.)
- Understand the capabilities of each level of QuickBooks Online including Free, Basic, and Plus and select the one most appropriate for The Syria Campaign
- Contribute to the evaluation and decision-making process for applications in the cloud accounting tech stack
- Provide ongoing training and end-user support during and after technical system and software implementations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Expert understanding of integrated cloud based accounting technology
- Solid understanding of the three levels of QuickBooks Online application: Free, Basic, and Plus.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and accrual accounting is required.
- Bookkeeping and accounting experience within the non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of GAAP principles and best practices in accounting in the US and UK.
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Experience with data conversions/migrations
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of federal and foundation grants highly preferred.
- Accounting or bookkeeping degree or certificate preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a CV and brief project plan including timing and cost to [email protected]. Please put ‘Quickbooks Migration Consultant’ in the email subject line.